Thursday, November 20, 2008

Why is good to work with blogs?

When you first work in a foreign language, it’s difficult to say if that situation causes fear or shame, but the truth is that in one way or another the blog is a really good tool when you want to learn more about a language like English.
Why? Because it makes you think in English. And when you try to think in another language you can express yourself like if you were in another country, with unknown people. Then you realize that it is not so difficult to structure you ideas in another way and that it can be useful not only for your academic work but for your life in general.
In my case this has been a hard work, because at the beginning I did not think I can write as well as I know I can. And that’s only because I did not trust too much in myself. But when the time passed and I realize that I could do it, then I started to think more and more in English.
In a way, having a blog lets you interact in a different way with the same things that you do in your normal life; that means a significant improvement in your ability to understand and to be understood by others.
Now that we are finishing English’s classes I have to say that, even when I’m not the best writing and speaking English, at least I can express myself with others without need a translator. I got these skills working in a blog, being corrected by my teacher and classmates and trying to talk as much as possible with people in class, in my home, etc. And in that way, blog’s work has been really important because it is an interesting way of communicate ideas, feelings or opinions to others classmates. Besides, it give us the possibility of critique others’ work and learn of our own mistakes.






No comments: